-

2011年8月4日星期四

I can't get power to my '85 Jeep CJ7's ignition switch. No turnover at all. What should I check next?

-After sitting for a few months, I finally replaced the rear axel shaft on my '85 Jeep CJ7 Renegade. Before doing so I had lost the keys and repeatedly hot wired it to start. I had a new key made and re-attached the wires together. when i first tried to start it after putting the wheels back on, it made a grinding noise, if i remember right, and a buzzing noise. this was with the battery hooked up to a charger because it had died. I listened in the engine bay and under the jeep and the noise was certainly coming from the starter relay, so i replaced that. But now it makes zero noise. I replaced the ignition switch, checked the fuses, and check if the distributor had welded itself together from excessive hot wire attempts, it was not. I next decided to use a volt meter to check the wires. the 12v battery wire going to the ignition switch that i had used to hot wire with the starter wire had no current. I then found a live wire coming directly from the battery and scraped it against the starter wire, nothing happened. My starter relay has a thick red battery cable coming to it, and another from the relay to the starter, these are on the 2 large pegs on the sides. Their are also two smaller pegs on the front of the relay, one has a thin green wire coming off, the other has nothing. This is the way I found the origonal relay so that's the way I put it back on.

Does anybody know what things I should check next? Or what the problem might be?

没有评论:

发表评论